The team of Italy LG announced the availability of a new software update for two of its latest smartphone, the Optimus 3D MAX and Optimus L7.
As for the LG Optimus 3D MAX, the update brings the firmware to version V10e and among the new features that are introduced reported the improvement in the management of the flash of the camera module and the feature QuickMemo, already available on other smartphones.
Passing the LG Optimus L7, the update brings the firmware to version V10h. Among the new features are reported the patch for temperature control is a better management of MicroSD, elimination of pop warning to activate WiFi and implementation of Google security patches.
Both updates can be downloaded and installed both via PC (using the appropriate software) or via OTA (directly from your smartphone, following the path Settings – About phone – Software Update – Check for Updates).
The team at LG recommend that you reset the phone after installing the new software ( Menu – Settings – Privacy – Factory data reset ).
In Australia, the LG Optimus L7 is launching on Optus Prepaid, Allphones and Telechoice for $269. However, if you purchase it from Optus Prepaid online, you’ll get 10% off, bringing the price down to $242.10.
The Optimus L7 sports a 4.3-inch 800×480 IPS NOVA Display, a single-core 1GHz Snapdragon CPU. Unlike most of Sony’s new offerings, the LG Optimus L7 runs with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It has a 5MP camera that can only shoot VGA video at 30FPS. Therefore, this won’t be a great choice for anyone wanting to shoot legible 720p HD video.
The device also has 21Mbit HSPA 900/2100MHz, Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0 round out the wireless connectivity options. The external storage goes up to 32GB and there’s also 4GB internal along with 512MB of RAM.
LG Optimus L7 is the best L series using Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM7225A Snapdragon, 512MB of RAM, 5MP camera and ICS.
Other LG Optimus L7 specifications include:
- Dimension: 125.5 x 67 x 8.7mm
- Weight: 122 g
- Network bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; HSDPA 900/2100 MHz
- Screen: 4.3“ capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800(WVGA) screen resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM7225A Snapdragon, 1 GHz
- Camera: 5 megapixel camera with auto=focus, front camera
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0 + A2DP
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- GPS: built-in GPS receiver
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Memory: 512 MB RAM; 4 GB internal memory, microSD slot up to 32 GB
- Battery: Li Ion, 1700 mAh
- Operating system: Android OS 4.0.3
- Special Features: Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Digital compass